The History of Semiconductor Industry Association
1977, 2012 will mark the 35 year anniversary of the SIA
- Wilfred Corrigan, Fairchild Semiconductor (later founded LSI Logic Corporation)
- Robert Noyce, Intel Corporation
- Jerry Sanders, Advanced Micro Devices, Incorporated
- Charles Sporck, National Semiconductor Corporation
- John Welty, Motorola, Inc
The microelectronics industry was born in 1947 with the invention of the transistor by scientists at Bell Labs. In the ensuing years, continuous rapid advances in semiconductor technology have revolutionized nearly every facet of human life. The milestones below trace the evolution of the Semiconductor Industry Association since its inception in 1977.