The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) is the voice of the U.S. semiconductor industry, one of America’s top export industries and a key driver of America’s economic strength, national security, and global competitiveness. SIA seeks to strengthen U.S. leadership of semiconductor manufacturing, design, and research by working with Congress, the Administration and other key industry stakeholders to encourage policies and regulations that fuel innovation, propel business, and drive international competition.
SIA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
SIA is hiring a Communications Associate who can support the association’s strategic communications and media relations initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience working on successful communications campaigns, pitching reporters and responding to media inquiries, and managing social media efforts. The position reports to SIA’s Vice President of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 3-5 years of professional experience in communications, public relations, public affairs, or a related field
- Experience in science and technology policy preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Experience and comfort working with reporters
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and troubleshoot last-minute problems
- Proficient with MS Office package, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel required
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic communications campaigns to support the semiconductor industry’s public policy priorities
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts, speeches, talking points, and other communications materials to advance SIA’s priorities
- Serve as a media contact for the association, assessing and responding to reporter inquiries, pitching reporters as needed, and staffing media interviews with SIA subject matter experts
- Manage SIA’s social media efforts, coordinating with SIA member companies and stakeholders as appropriate
- Assist in member communications efforts, including engagement with association’s communications committee
- Assist in the development and distribution of SIA reports, white papers, letters, comments, and other deliverables to advance the association’s communications and advocacy goals
- Compile and distribute regular industry news clips to SIA members and stakeholders
- Assist with website maintenance, graphic design work, media list management, slide development, and other tasks as needed
- Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Communications Position” in the subject line.